What does the lawsuit allege?
A class action lawsuit has been filed alleging that a defect within the ice makers is causing a number of problems, including, but not limited to the following:
- Water leaking to beneath the fridges’ crisper trays (where most people keep fruits and vegetables)
- Noise (often described as “loud,” “clicking,” “jarring,” “grinding,” “knocking” or “buzzing”) when the fan hits the “over-iced” compartment
- The formation of ice crystals, water droplets and “slushy ice” at the bottom of the ice maker
- Ice buckets that are “stuck” and cannot be removed, possibly due to clogged drains
- Over-freezing of water in the ice compartment
The proposed class action filed over the defect has since been sent to private mediation, which is set to begin in June 2019.